Make money and have fun in the sun with DPR this summer!
DPR is hiring NOW for the summer of 2022.
Browse the dozens of jobs below and apply today. All DPR jobs are posted on http://Careers.DC.Gov and must be applied for through that website.
Applying for a job at DPR is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Review the jobs posted below and find something for you
- Note the 5-digit number listed below and go to http://Careers.DC.Gov
- Search using the 5-digit number and apply today!
WORK AT A POOL
- With the DPR Aquatics Division, you could be a Lifeguard, Pool Operator, or Customer Service Representative. Not qualified to be a lifeguard? DPR will train you to be a lifeguard - for FREE!
Search JOB ID: 16265 on Careers.DC.Gov
BECOME AN URBAN PARK RANGER
- Urban Park Rangers assist in opening and closing of park sites, respond to public inquiries on park resources and DPR permits, and help execute DPR events.
Search 16301 on Careers.DC.Gov
WORK AT A SCHOOL
- DPR Boost Camp - Lead Facilitator, Assistant Facilitator, Camp Support Aide, Site Manager, and Therapeutic Behavior Specialist (Search 16285 on Careers.DC.Gov)
DPR Boost Camps offer kids ages 3-13 enriching recreation opportunities combined with academic/educational components to accelerate learning. These camps take place on-site at District schools, with kids from those schools.
ENGAGE YOUTH IN THE DISTRICT
- DPR Roving Leaders Camp – Facilitator, Assistant Facilitator, & Driver (Search 16266 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Engage kids ages 3-12 in fun, positive activities. Check @dpr_rovingleaders to see what Roving Leaders do.
- Teen Division - Content Specialist & Payroll Clerk (Search JOB ID: 16286 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Mentor teen participants in the Marion Barry Summer Youth Employment Program. (MBSYEP) or review and maintain time and attendance reports for the program.
WORK IN DPR’S ENVIRONMENTAL DIVISION
- Natural Resource Management Specialist & Outdoor Recreation Specialist (Search 16298 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Both positions support the efforts of DPR’s environmental division in a number of ways including engaging with the public. Nature Resource Management Specialists lead nature-themed outdoor programming and events like watershed demonstrations and hikes, and native versus invasive plant species walks. Outdoor Recreation Specialists lead programming and events to include nature wellness walks, geocaching, hiking, kayaking, fishing, bird watching, and camping.
WORK IN OPERATIONS
- Warehouse Assistant & Warehouse Driver (Search 16270 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Warehouse assistants move and set up DPR equipment and play activations across the city. Drivers transport kids, staff, and cargo throughout DC.
WORK IN FOOD SERVICE, FEEDING THE DISTRICT
- Food Safety Inspector & Foor Monitor (Search 16300 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Food service and distribution professionals who will assist in DPR's efforts to provide free meals for DC residents to under the age of 18 at recreation centers across DC.
WORK AT A SUMMER CAMP
- Discovery Camp - Facilitator & Assistant Facilitator (Search 16261 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Instructing campers ages 6-10 in theme-based curriculum, arts and crafts activities, and structured games and sports.
- Rec Camp – Assistant Facilitator (Search 16268 on on Careers.DC.Gov)
Supervise kids ages 6-12 years old and assist with all camp functions.
- Sports, Health, & Fitness – Facilitator & Assistant Facilitator (Search 16271 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Supervise kids ages 8-13 and lead them in sports, character education, and indoor/outdoor fun.
- Aqua Day Camp – Facilitator & Assistant Facilitator (Search 16290 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Even kids in Aqua Day Camp can’t swim ALL day. These facilitators and assistant facilitators use a theme-based curriculum to engage kids when they’re NOT in the pool with things like morning meeting, arts and crafts, reading, sports, and more.
- Little Explorers - Facilitator & Assistant Facilitator (Search 16260 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Instructing campers ages 3 - 5 in theme-based curriculum, arts and crafts activities, and structured games and sports.
- Verano Camp - Facilitator, Assistant Facilitator, & Camp Aide (Search 16302 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Work with children ages 3-5 at DPR’s bilingual Spanish-language camp.
- Therapeutic Recreation Camp – Recreation Specialist & Facilitator (Search 16269 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Instructing campers with disabilities ages 5-16 in fun, engaging, and adaptive programming.
- Summer Camp Office Assistant and Program Monitors (Search 16267 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Help with office tasks and work the front desk at summer camp for kids ages 3 – 17.
- Recreation Leaders (Search 16304 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Supervise kids ages 6-12 and assist with all camp functions on a daily basis, including planning summer camp activities.
Please note that DPR does not handle (nor accept) SYEP / DC Summer Youth Employment Program applications.
Please contact the Department of Employment Services (DOES) at (202) 698-3492, [email protected]
DPR Human Resources
Summer Hiring Division
1275 First St, NE - 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 673-7603
Email: [email protected]