DPR strives to provide a robust community engagement process that ensures all residents' voices are heard and respected during the process of studying the future use of the Jelleff Community Center.
The below is a snapshot view of the timeline detailing the feasibility study process for the Jelleff project. Stay tuned for more information by routinely checking this page.
November 2020 - Project Kickoff
- Consultant onboarded
- Site-based studies begin
- Community engagement plan developed
- DPR attends the Nov 30th ANC 2E meeting to discuss the feasibility study and community engagement schedule
December 2020 - Stakeholder Sessions
- Perkins Eastman holds session with Boys and Girls Club Leadership
- Perkins Eastman holds session with local schools (ex. Hardy Middle School, Duke Ellington School of the Arts, British International School of Washington, Dumbarton Oaks, and Maret School)
- Perkins Eastman holds session with Civic Leaders (ex. Ward 2 Councilmember, ANC2E Commissioners, Citizens of Georgetown, and various community leaders)
January 2021 - Public Engagement Sessions
- Perkins Eastman DC attends January 4th ANC 2E Meeting with DPR and DGS
- Perkins Eastman announces online community survey
- Perkins Eastman DC ANC 2E presentation
- Now available - click here to view the presentation in its entirety
February 2021 - Drafting of Study
- Site-based studies conclude
- February Community Meeting
- Now available - click here to view the presentation in its entirety.
March 2021 - Final Community Engagement Session and Delivery of Feasibility Study
- Perkins Eastman hosts final community engagement session
- Perkins Eastman delivers final feasibility study
- Now available - click here to view presentation in its entirety.
May 2021 - Final Feasibility Study
- Click here to view in its entirety.
For specific questions, please contact Tommie Jones, Chief of External Affairs at (202) 431-8676.