DPR's Urban Garden division offers free workshops and courses focused on practical urban gardening skills, environmental stewardship and nutrition/cooking education during various time frames throughout the year. Many of our workshops are taught by the leaders of the District's urban agriculture movement.
Due to COVID we have converted majority of our Urban Garden classes to Webinars.
You can view over over 40 webinar recordings for free at the follwing link.
DUG Network: Urban Grower Webinar Courses
Register for new Webinars at link below
Learn about all DPR courses and classes at the below links.
(Classes and dates are subject to change every year. Please email DPR's Community Garden Specialists to receive schedule and offering updates)
- February-March - Urban Growing Certification Course
- April-May - Advanced Growing Techniques Certification Course
- June-July – Garden Carpentry Certification Course
- July-August – Master Urban Composting Certification Course
- August - Naturalist Certification Course
- September - Urban Agribusiness and Cooperatives Certification Course
- October-November - Cooking and Nutrition Certification Course
- All year - Seasonal Classes
Visit our Registration Portal to sign up for DPR programs
To learn more please reach out DPR's Community Garden Specialists:
[email protected] - (202) 262-2138
[email protected] - (202) 673-7647
Follow us on Social Media
Want to Receive Monthly Updates for DPR Programs?
DPR's Urban Garden Division partners with the DUG Network to do a semi-monthly (twice a month around the 1st and 15th) newsletter that highlights all DPR programs and registration openings along with other urban Ag, food security and environmental programs, workshops, job openings, grants, tips, etc, in greater DC. To view past newsletters or to sign up for future newsletters please visit this link or email [email protected]
The DUG Network website also has a searchable database of over 500 organizations working in DC in urban Ag, food security, and environmental programs along with many other resources.