Make money and have fun in the sun with DPR this summer!
DPR is hiring NOW for the summer of 2023!
Browse the dozens of jobs below and apply today. All DPR jobs are posted on http://Careers.DC.Gov and must be applied for through that website.
Applying for a job at DPR is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Review the jobs posted below and find something for you
- Note the 5-digit number listed below and go to http://Careers.DC.Gov
- Search using the 5-digit number and apply today!
WORK AT A POOL
- With the DPR Aquatics Division, you could be a Lifeguard, Pool Operator, or Customer Service Representative. Not qualified to be a lifeguard? DPR will train you to be a lifeguard - for FREE!
Search JOB ID: 19951 on Careers.DC.Gov
BECOME AN URBAN PARK RANGER
- Urban Park Rangers assist in opening and closing of park sites, respond to public inquiries on park resources and DPR permits, and help execute DPR events.
Search JOB ID: 20052 on Careers.DC.Gov!
WORK AT A SCHOOL
- DPR Boost Camp - Enrichment Facilitator, Enrichment Leader, Assistant Facilitator, Site Support Assistant, Site Administrator, and Behavior Specialist (Search JOB ID: 20544 on Careers.DC.Gov)
DPR Boost Camps offer kids ages 3-13 enriching recreation opportunities combined with academic/educational components to accelerate learning. These camps take place on-site at District schools, with kids from those schools.
ENGAGE YOUTH IN THE DISTRICT
- DPR Roving Leaders Camp – Facilitator, Assistant Facilitator, & Driver (Search JOB ID: 20176 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Engage kids ages 3-12 in fun, positive activities. Check @dpr_rovingleaders to see what Roving Leaders do.
- Teen Division - Program Monitor, Content Specialist, and Payroll Clerk (Search JOB ID: Coming Soon on Careers.DC.Gov)
Mentor teen participants in the Marion Barry Summer Youth Employment Program. (MBSYEP) or review and maintain time and attendance reports for the program.
- DPR Summer Meals Program – Food Monitor & Food Safety Instructor (Search JOB ID: 20070 on Careers.DC.Gov)
WORK IN DPR’S ENVIRONMENTAL DIVISION
- Natural Resource Management Specialist & Outdoor Recreation Specialist (Search JOB ID: 19948 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Both positions support the efforts of DPR’s environmental division in a number of ways including engaging with the public. Nature Resource Management Specialists lead nature-themed outdoor programming and events like watershed demonstrations and hikes, and native versus invasive plant species walks. Outdoor Recreation Specialists lead programming and events to include nature wellness walks, geocaching, hiking, kayaking, fishing, bird watching, and camping.
WORK IN OPERATIONS
- Warehouse Assistant & Warehouse Driver (Search JOB ID: 20076 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Warehouse assistants move and set up DPR equipment and play activations across the city. Drivers transport kids, staff, and cargo throughout DC.
WORK AT A SUMMER CAMP
- Discovery Camp - Facilitator & Assistant Facilitator (Search JOB ID: 20080 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Instructing campers ages 6-10 in theme-based curriculum, arts and crafts activities, and structured games and sports.
- Sports, Health, & Fitness – Facilitator & Assistant Facilitator (Search JOB ID: 20356 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Supervise kids ages 8-13 and lead them in sports, character education, and indoor/outdoor fun.
- Little Explorers - Facilitator & Assistant Facilitator (Search JOB ID: 20172 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Instructing campers ages 3 - 5 in theme-based curriculum, arts and crafts activities, and structured games and sports.
- Therapeutic Recreation Camp – Recreation Specialist & Facilitator (Search JOB ID: 20177 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Instructing campers with disabilities ages 5-16 in fun, engaging, and adaptive programming.
- Summer Camp Office Assistant and Program Monitors (Search JOB ID: 20343 on Careers.DC.Gov)
Help with office tasks and work the front desk at summer camp for kids ages 3 – 17.
Please note that DPR does not handle (nor accept) SYEP / DC Summer Youth Employment Program applications.
DPR Human Resources
Summer Hiring Division
1275 First St, NE - 8th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 673-7603
Email: [email protected]