DPR has been providing camps and camp activities to the District’s youth for over 30 years and offers a wide variety of experiences for youths age 3 - 17. DPR partners with the DC Free Summer Meals Program to provide free nutritious breakfasts and lunches at many of its summer camps. Parents are additionally encouraged to provide children with a healthy snack daily.
Once open for registration, DPR summer camps remain open until full capacity is reached and/or the first day of the summer camp session. Once at capacity, each summer camp offers a waitlist for prospective families who are interested in sites that have high demand.
Reduced rates are available for qualifying families and before and after care is also available at most locations.
The 2018 summer camp season begins June 18th and ends August 17th. Each camp session is typically 2 weeks long, but can vary depending on the camp offering.
- Rolling Registration Opens for DC Residents: February 5, 2018
- Before and After Care Registration Opens: March 5, 2018
- Parent Orientation (Marvin Gaye Recreation Center): June 6, 2018 – 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Parent Orientation (Kennedy Recreation Center): June 7, 2018 – 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Parent Orientation (Glover Park Community Center): June 9, 2018 – 1 pm - 2 pm
*Please note that parents must attend ONE of the three orientations.
- Session 1: June 18 – 29, 2018
- Session 2: July 2 - 13, 2018 (Holiday Observed July 4th)
- Session 3: July 16 – 27, 2018
- Session 4: July 30 – August 10, 2018
- Session 5: August 13 – 17, 2018
Waitlist for Summer Camps
If your family is interested in signing up for a camp that is currently at capacity, click on the "+" button to the left of the activity number in order to join the offical waitlist for that location. Once you're on the list please adhere to the following policies as you wait for a spot to open up.
- Each child may be on no more than two waitlists at a time, per session.
- If a child is enrolled in a camp, that child may also be on two waitlists, per session.
- Please note that camp registration is arranged BY SESSION, and families must ensure that they have a waitlist position for each session that is needed.
- If a family would like their child to go to one particular camp for the entire summer, they must select all four sessions of the camp.
- If a camp space becomes available, DPR will make three attempts to notify you via phone and/or email.
DPR must receive a response and full payment within two business days of the first contact attempt in order to claim your space.
DPR asks families to be mindful of the high number of families waiting for a space in summer camp, and to notify DPR when a waitlist space is no longer needed and can be released. This will help the agency to move through the waitlists quicker and to serve more children.
How to Register
- Register Online
- Registration Schedule
- Camp Information and Locations
- Camp Age Groups
- Camp Registration Fees and Payments
- Before and After Care Information
- Reduced Rate Application
- Reduced Rate Policies
- Sample Food Menu
- Refund Request Form
- Summer Camp Parent Handbook
DPR Summer Camp Headquarters
Columbia Heights Community Center
1480 Girard St NW, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20009 | (202) 671-0372 | [email protected]
Mon: 9:30 am - 7 pm
Tues- Fri: 9:30 am - 5 pm
Closed: Sat & Sun